Quick post detailing my outfit today- I rather liked it! Nothing too special happened, just a morning getting my feets looking perdy and then an afternoon teaching, with an impromptu trip to see a friend’s covers band playing in the nearby town. The outfit I’m wearing in the photos was what I had on all day, I simply added the scarf and my fake Docs to go to t’pub.
I’m wearing a new favourite top, which is my Captain America vest from the Primark men’s section. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love the Cap. He is one of my favourite superheroes of all time (and yes, I love Chris Evans’ Cap too, and thought The Winter Soldier was one of the best superhero movies to date!) so this top was perfect, and I love the loose fit it has. I’m also wearing Primark camo leggings, a New Look cardigan and an amazing ASOS scarf I got before Christmas that has an all-over bat print!
Here’s a better picture of the scarf- I love it! It’s quirky and a really easy way to inject some ‘Goth chic’ into an otherwise mundane outfit (though the Cap could never be mundane!). I also wanted to show you guys one of my most loved little necklaces- the tiny little one you can see here is actually a bat necklace from Alchemy Gothic. The product name, I think, is ‘Om Strygia’ and I bought it from the Alchemy stall at Bloodstock last year, so I didn’t get it quite full price. It’s beautiful and surprisingly sturdy.
Finally, I thought I’d show you a better shot of my make up for the evening! I was washing all of my brushes today after a long period without them, so I applied everything with my fingers (except my shadow, my powder and my blush, I applied these with spare/unused brushes!). I do occasionally apply my foundation with my fingers, and I find some products actually go on better this way, especially my Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation. Anyway, this evening I used:
- MUA Undress Your Skin Flawless Primer
- Along Came Betty The Prime of Your Life (I apply this one with my moisturiser, and then my MUA primer just before my foundation)
- Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin in Light Beige
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light
- Maybelline The Matte Maker in Classic Ivory
- ELF Studio Golden Bronzer (to contour)
- MAC Sheertone blush in Pinch Me
- MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder
- FashionistA Custom Eyeshadow in School Days and Black Out (School Days on the lid, Black Out along the crease)
- P.S. Love felt eyeliner pen
- Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liner in Zero
- Boots 17 Blow Out Mascara in Blackest Black
- Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown
- MUA Lip Liner in Red Drama
- MAC Viva Glam Rihanna lipstick
I then set everything with a couple of quick sprays of Urban Decay De-Slick. It all stayed in place for most of the evening, though I had to give myself a quick powder towards the end of the night because it was soooooo hot in the pub, I started to melt! Luckily the foundation seemed to stay in place, and I topped up my lipstick even though I really didn’t have to. I’m really impressed with everything I bought the other day, and I must quickly say: every time I use the Primark eyeliner pen I am blown away!
Have you used any of these products? What do you think of my overall look this evening?