I have decided to go on a spending ban. A 60 day spending ban, to be exact. For the duration of April and May (with the exception of my London trip on the 2nd of April, though there will be rules!) I am not allowed to spend frivolously.
Basically, I need to save money for my family trip to Spain in July, both so I have something to spend and also so I can finish paying my part of the cost off. If I don’t spend, I could put about £60 per week into my bank account, assuming all of my lessons go ahead as planned, plus just paying the two students that pay full termly fees up front into my account. That’s a potential saving of around £600! That would be excellent, so I’m determined to do it.
As always, I need to lay out some (not unreasonable) exceptions:
- The long-planned London trip on the 2nd April: I will be allowed to purchase up to 3 items from the Illamasqua flagship store and/or the MAC counter at Selfridges.
- Birthday money (my birthday is on the 1st of May) doesn’t count; however I have to save at least half of any money I get given
- I am allowed to buy refills, but only when and if a repurchase is necessary
- I can buy the remaining three pieces of storage/decor for my room (basket or the like for my desk, mirror, rack for my nail polishes) if they are under £15
- Food/drink isn’t included, especially when it’s my turn to buy some groceries!
I don’t think these are unreasonable, as I said before. It’s going to be hard because I know ELF will have offers and MUA will have deals, but I need to stop spending money!
Have you ever gone on a spending ban, Fat Fashion Fans? 🙂